As a result of Brazil’s significant work on ISO Committees, the country has hosted various international meetings of the following committees: Iron Ore (TC102), Copper, lead, zinc and nickel ores and concentrates (TC 183), and Nickel and nickel alloys (TC 155).
There have been vast changes within the organisational structures of companies over the last few years, which has seen the loss of a significant amount of experience in relation to the preparation and application of standards regarding production and loading quality control. Aware of this and in meeting the demand of companies, CONMIN created a programme of courses to train new specialists in this field.
The benefits of participating in the standardisation projects include:
• Enables the defence of mining company interests at the development stage of the standards;
• Allows the filling of key positions within the ISO or ABNT organisations.
• Permits the involvement of companies in international inter-laboratorial tests, which is an excellent instrument for measuring and improving the efficiency of laboratories and sampling systems;
• Promotes technical development and improves the verbal and written communication of its participants, including in English;
• Brings clients and competitors closer together;
• Highlights the latest technology of the sectors involved.
• Enables companies to evaluate technology and market trends and scenarios of the sector, as well as the reaction of competing suppliers.